Way Overdue OneClick Install Post

So I mentioned a few weeks ago about a WP plugin called OneClick install. It isn’t available on UMWblogs, but if you have a separate install or your own blog this a pretty nifty plugin.

If you google it you can find a site to download the plugin and in addition you will need the Firefox extension and that can usually be found with the download. If you don’t know how to install a plugin in manually there is a lot of documentation out there that can help you, but the nice thing about the OneClick Install is that once you install that you’ll never need to do it manually again!

So if you manage to do that (and if anyone is really interested and needs help I would be more than willing) once you have OneClick installed and the FireFox extension added you are just about set to go.

What does OneClick install exactly do? If you find a theme or plugin for WP that you like, instead of manually installing it OneClick allows you to do it right from the browser. First you need to make sure you are logged into the blog you want to install the plugin or theme, otherwise it won’t work. In addition when you find the file you want to install make sure that the link to the file is a direct link to the file, otherwise it won’t work either. I know it may seem like more work, but its not.  Once you have a file in your sites right click on it and in the menu pops up you will see an option for OneClick Install and you can either chose theme or plugin. Once that is done you can go the dashboard of your blog and activate the plugin and there ya go!

Hopefully this plugin can help you save some time and frustration.

One Response to “Way Overdue OneClick Install Post”

1. reverend says:

I did a screencast for using the OneClick installer plugin. It is far too long, clocked in at over 9 minutes, but it may be useful nonetheless. You know I love this WP fangirl posts!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4QM53JmERTQ